Jalapeño Cheese Dip
- 1 pound of shredded cheese
- 1 pint (2 cups) Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- Tony’s Creole seasoning to taste
- Crushed black pepper
- 4-5 fresh jalapeños, seeds and all
Here’s how I start making this dip:
- Get a big bowl and put the mayonnaise in it.
- Peel the garlic and coat with olive oil. Roast in the oven until soft. Put in food processor and puree. Add to bowl and stir.
- Peel the onions and put in food processor and puree. Add to bowl and stir.
- Cut top off of jalapeños and put in food processor and puree. Add to bowl and stir.
- Add shredded cheese (I use a 3-cheese blend called Fiesta) to bowl and stir.
- Add creole seasoning, black pepper to taste.
Put in a container and pop into the fridge for at least 2 (that’s right!) days!! Ok, put a little on the side and sample right away but trust me…. you’ll want this to sit for a couple of days because the flavors meld together and it gets thicker too.
Heat up the dip or leave it as-is and try it with warmed nacho chips, on sandwiches, on brats, on burgers, or on your finger!!! (just don’t eat your finger… remember, it’s finger LICKING good!!)