- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika (or hot paprika)
- 3 tablespoons crushed black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon hickory-flavored salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Store in an airtight container away from heat and light. Will keep well for 6 months.
This is my base. I also include extras like powdered sea salt, dried mustard, cumin, powdered white pepper, and cinnamon. All these extra spices were done ‘to-taste’. But watch out, doing it this route makes for a VERY salty mix and should be used sparingly!!!
Great on steaks, ribs, burgers, brats, chicken, fish, dove, quail, deer, bear, eggs, potato salad, and whatever else you can think of!!!