Herb and Butter Cod
Flaky cod fillets baked with a medley of fresh herbs and mustard are a perfect entree for an early spring meal.
Wine pairing suggestion: Pair with either a light, tropical Sauvignon Blanc or a medium-bodied Pinot Noir.
- 6 (6-ounce) cod fillets
- 1-1/2 sticks melted, unsalted butter (3/4 cup)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, dill, mint, chervil or basil)
- 1/2 cup grainy French mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the cod fillets in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Pour the butter over the fish and season with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle all but 2 tablespoons of the herbs on top of the fish.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until just flaky tender.
6. Remove from oven and place the fish on a serving platter.
7. Put mustard in a medium bowl and slowly whisk in the herbed butter from the pan.
8. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons fresh herbs and pour over fish.
9. Serve at once!!