AW’s Catfish Poppers
April 26, 2010
Prep (10 mins); Fry (6 mins per batch)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1.75 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1.5 cups japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- vegetable oil
- spicy dipping sauce of your choice
1. Combine salt, cajun seasoning, and flour; whisk together the egg and milk. Dredge catfish pieces in flour mixture, and then dip in the egg wash. Dredge in breadcrumbs.
2. Pour oil to a depth enough to cover poppers when placed in fryer; heat to 375 degrees. Fry catfish pieces, in batches, for about 6 minutes or until cooked through (but not overcooked!!).