Ale House Shrimp and Pasta
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
- 1 12-ounce package of mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Irish brown ale
- 1 package of white sauce mix whisked with 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- GARNISH: chopped scallions; freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta as directed on package.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until lightly browned and soft. Add garlic, cook, stirring for 1 minute until fragrant. Add ale, white sauce mixture and tomatoes.
Bring to a boil and stir constantly until sauce thickens. Add shrimp; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.
Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add shrimp and sauce; toss to mix and coat. When serving, sprinkle with the scallions and cheese.