Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, cut into large cubes
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 8 sandwich rolls
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine pork, onion and bell pepper in 3-quart casserole.
2. Blend brown sugar, mustard, chili powder, vinegar, liquid smoke, tomato paste, and apple juice and pour over meat mixture.
3. Cover and bake until meat is very tender and breaks apart, 3 to 4 hours. Shred meat with two forks and mix into sauce. Season according to taste, with salt and pepper. Spoon into rolls and serve.