- 1 lb chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 serrano chili pepper, minced (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons 151-proof liquor, such as Bacardi Rum
- flour tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown chorizo in a large skillet over medium heat, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Pour off the fat.
4. Add the onions, tomato, mushrooms (optional), and peppers (optional), and saut? until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat.
6. Spread the cheese in a small metal baking dish and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until completely melted.
7. Remove from the oven.
8. Pour the chorizo mixture over the melted cheese.
9. Pour the liquor over the top and using a long match, carefully ignite the liquor. The flames will die down in 30 to 40 seconds.
10. Heat the tortillas. Wrap in a paper towel and heat in microwave for 1 minute.
11. Divide and place cheese/chorizo mixture inside tortilla and fold to form a taco or burrito.