Tilapia in Scallion and Ginger Sauce
This tilapia was served with a steamed rice/vegetable medley and home-style greens beans with bacon and potatoes. For this recipe you can easily substitute the tilapia with orange roughy, cod, sole, or flounder.
- 1/3 cup dry sherry or vermouth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- red pepper flakes (optional; to taste)
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix the sherry or vermouth, soy sauce, sesame oil, onion, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl. Place the fish fillets in a casserole dish. Drizzle the marinade over the fish and bake for 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
Garnish as desired… I prefer to take some jalepeños and chop them up for some added “heat”.