Purchasing Bait Tips
January 20, 2011
Source: Freshwater Fishing Tips & Techniques; Gene Kugach
Here are a few pointers on purchasing bait for your fishing trips:
- Always use fresh, spunky offerings when live bait fishing.
- If using leeches, change them frequently.
- When buying live bait, make certain it looks lively. Night crawlers and leeches should be firm; minnows and chubs should be swimming at the bottom of the tank, rather than the top.
- Cool your bait bucket before you fill it.
- Don’t over-crowd your bait bucket.
- Don’t put your bait in chlorinated water; use lake or well water.
- When fishing, keep you bait cold and out of the sun.