August 8, 2011
- sirloin beef (ground up; enough to make two thick burger patties) [or use hamburger meat, ground venison, or ground wild hog if you prefer]
- finely diced jalapenos (seeds optional; to taste)
- finely diced garlic (or use garlic powder; to taste)
- finely diced red onion (to taste)
- 1 cup of finely shredded cheese
- 1 can pinto beans (drained; or use fresh beans)
- 1 can of black-eyed peas (drained; or use fresh peas)
- tabasco sauce (to taste)
- salt / pepper (to taste)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- Mix ground sirloin/beef, jalapenos, red onion, garlic until well-blended and form into two thick hamburger patties. Cook patties over medium heat until cooked thoroughly. Use a spatula to break patties into rough chunks.
- Add both cans of soup and stir with the meat until well blended.
- Add drained pinto beans. Stir well.
- Add drained black-eyed peas. Stir well.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until melted and well-incorporated.
- Add tabasco sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat; stirring occasionally.
- Serve over steamed rice, buttered noodles, or however you wish and enjoy!