AW’s Chewy Cranberry-Oatmeal Cookie Bars
January 10, 2012
Base recipe source: Food.com
- Flour – 1½ cups
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon – ½ teaspoon
- Oats – 2½ cups
- Butter – 1 cup
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Granulated Sugar – ½ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract – 2 teaspoons
- Dried Cranberries – 1⅓ cup
- Chopped Pecans – ¾ cup
- Preheat oven to 350° (F).
- Line cookie pan with parchment paper or spray with butter spray.
- Mix dry ingredients (except the sugars) then add oats and pecans; stir well.
- In a separate bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and use a spatula to scrap down the edges of the bowl. Add honey and vanilla extract. Beat mixture until well blended.
- Add half of the dry mix into the batter and stir well. Add remaining half of dry mix and stir until well blended.
- Add cranberries and pecans and stir until well blended.
- Put mixture onto cookie sheet and press down until mixture is level and touching each edge of the cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15 mins or until center is soft and no longer looks wet.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to cutting board and cut into bars. Place bars on rack to cool.