- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans low-salt chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup canned Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with juices
- 1 bay leaf
- 4-5 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- tortilla chips
Combine broth, water, tomatoes, bay leaf, garlic, cumin and red pepper in saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken; simmer until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in green onions,
cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. I like to fry up my own skinny little tortilla strips to pile on top — the different color tortillas (if you can get them) look pretty.
- 2 to 2 & 1/2 lbs. of beef (stew meat or thinly cubed sirloin)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 12oz. can tomato paste
- 1 15oz. can of tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 oz. block of unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayene peppers (optional)
Add olive oil to a large (4-6 quart) pot over medium heat. Add first 10 ingredients. Stir until meat is slightly browned. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally. REMOVE BAY LEAVES BEFORE EATTING!!!!! Serves 6-8. Serve with cheese, raw onions, cooked kidney beans, and/or spaghetti.
For crock pot cooking, add all the ingredients together in the crock pot and stir. Cover and cook about 4 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. REMOVE BAY LEAVES BEFORE EATTING!!!!!!!
You can freeze leftovers for later meals!!
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounce cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 1/2 cup cream of celery soup, condensed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound crawfish meat OR 1/2 pound cubed chicken breast OR 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (peeled, tails removed)
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 cups rice pilaf
Saute garlic, onion, celery and green pepper in butter until soft. Stir in spices, soups, water and meat of your choice. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking until meat is cooked through. Stir in green onion and parsley. Scoop 1/2 cup rice pilaf into center of 6 bowls or soup plates. Pour etouffee over rice.
- 4 quarts littleneck clams (about 1 2/3 cups cooked and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove — chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces salt pork — finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups fish stock
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes — peeled, and
- diced into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 cups light cream
- Oyster crackers — (optional)
- Clean the clams and place them in a large pot along with the garlic and water.
- Steam the clams just until opened, about 6 to 10 minutes, depending upon their size.
- Drain and shell the clams, reserving the broth.
- Mince the clam flesh, and set aside.
- Filter the clam broth either through coffee filters or cheesecloth and set aside.
- In a large, heavy pot slowly render the salt pork.
- Remove the cracklings and set them aside.
- Slowly cook the onions in the fat for about 6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until cooked through but not browned.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the reserved clam broth and the fish stock, and whisk to remove any flour lumps.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, add the potatoes, lower the heat, and simmer until
- the potatoes are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved clams, salt-pork cracklings and light cream.
- Heat the chowder until it is the temperature you like.
- 4 large chicken breast
- 2 cans mexicorn
- 2 cans rotel
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 cans beef broth
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 onion
- few garlic cloves
- white shredded cheese
Saute onion and garlic and set to side. Boil chicken and shred. Mix together all except alvocado and cheese in a pot and bring to boil. Turn down to simmer for at least 6 hours. Garnish soup with avocado and cheese and add some tortilla strips to add that final touch.
- 1 1/2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage of your choice, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 1 (28 ounce) can barbeque baked beans
Place the beef stew meat, sausage, onion, and potatoes into a slow cooker, and stir to distribute evenly. Spoon the baked beans evenly over the mixture. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours; or cook on High for 4 to 5 hours.