Lemon-Dill Cucumber Dip
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp chopped, fresh dill
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and seeded
1. Line a strainer with cheesecloth and place it over a deep bowl. Add the yogurt to the strainer, cover and refrigerate overnight. The yogurt will drain and thicken in the refrigerator overnight. Discard the liquid. (This can be done in advance and stored for up to one week.)
2. Finely chop the cucumber and dry the paper towels.
3. Stir the cucumber, lemon zest and dill into the strained yogurt. Chill for at least one hour. (This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.) Garnish with fresh dill.
4. Serve with fresh vegetables and pita wedges or as a condiment for broiled salmon or grilled shrimp.