- 2 (10 oz.) pkgs. finely shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp. white vinegar
Combine cabbage and carrot in a large bowl. Whisk together the sugar and next 7 ingredients until nicely blended. Toss with the cabbage and carrot. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- 1 cup Hellman’s mayo (don’t you use that other stuff!!)
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed, and cooked
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped gherkin pickles
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
Combine 1st five ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and toss gently but thoroughly to coat with sauce.
Cover and chill.